December 2 @ 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Teen Takeover is a dynamic afternoon of programming created by AMFA’s Teen Advisory Board, a group of local freshmen to senior high school students dedicated to increasing art accessibility for their peers.
Register now to enjoy a range of hands-on, teen-curated artmaking activities in the Windgate Art School:
- Ceramics: Experiment with throwing a clay pot on the pottery wheel. No experience necessary!
- Drawing: Try your hand at life drawing on paper and digitally on a tablet. All materials provided!
- Metals: Discover opportunities for teens in the metals studio and make a small piece of jewelry to take home with you.
- Glass: Learn some basic techniques in glass torchwork to create small works of art.
- Woodworking: Try your hand at wood carving while learning tool and shop safety. Then, use your carved piece to create a wearable, multimedia work of art with what you make in the glass studio.
Whenever you need a break from creating, stop by the Flex Studio to hang out, grab snacks, and listen to music!
The Teen Advisory Board is supported by The Schmieding Foundation Committee and the Alice L. Walton Foundation.
The Windgate Art School is generously supported by the Windgate Foundation with additional support from Sherry Worthen in memory of George Worthen.