November 11, 2023 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Get creative with your weekends and spend Saturday mornings at AMFA! Kids, adults, and families of all ages can discover something fun to see and do:
- Spark your creativity with free make-and-take activities in the Windgate Art School Flex Studio
- Grab a family-friendly Treasure Map and take an adventure across the Museum
- Enjoy a coffee or tea and browse the many books in the Cultural Living Room
- Laugh and play with Flurffy, the Museum’s resident pink dog puppet, and his fun friends
- Relax over lunch with incredible views and a locally inspired menu at Park Grill
- Explore the galleries with a docent-led tour starting at 11:00 a.m.
As part of The Story Project inspired by Whitfield Lovell’s Passages, this Creative Saturdays’ make-and-take activity invites guests to share their story with AMFA and the community. Bring an important or sentimental object from home and learn how to capture beautifully detailed images with your smartphone, then build the story of your object through a creative writing exercise.
Creative Saturdays is supported by the Alice L. Walton Foundation.
The Windgate Art School is generously supported by the Windgate Foundation with additional support from Sherry Worthen in memory of George Worthen.
The Treasure Map is supported by the Alice L. Walton Foundation.
Flurffy + Friends is supported by the Alice L. Walton Foundation.
Whitfield Lovell: Passages is organized by the American Federation of Arts in collaboration with Whitfield Lovell. Major support for the national tour and exhibition catalogue is provided by National Endowment for the Arts and the Terra Foundation for American Art.